I’m a fiend for dark mode. I seek it out on every device, app, and website to protect my precious nerd eyes.
Luckily, Notion’s dark mode is great and super easy to enable.
Notion Dark Mode Shortcut
- Mac: Cmd+Shift+L
- Windows: Cntl+Shift+L
How to Turn on Dark Mode for Notion
Follow these steps to enable Notion’s dark mode on desktop and mobile devices.
Notion Dark Mode Desktop
Go into the Notion settings on your desktop (Windows or Mac)
Click My Notifcations and Settings
- Under My Settings, click Appearance and set to Dark Mode
Notion Dark Mobe Mobile
- Go into the Notion settings on your iPhone or Android device
- Click Appearance and change to dark mode
![Notion Dark Mode Selection on Mobile](/uploads/notion-mobile-darkmode.png
Notion Dark Mode Color Codes
- Dark Mode: #2F3438 for the main window, #373C3F for the sidebar, and #3F4448 for hover items.
- Light Mode: #FFFFFF for the main window and hover items, and #F7F6F3 for the sidebar.
Dark Mode Considerations
If you’re using a pre-made template, like any of my aesthetic Notion templates, my notion budget templates, or my notion calendar templates, they might not be compatible with both light and dark mode.
That’s because templates are generally built for either light mode or dark mode, but not both.
The colors and aesthetics of templates can only match one mode due to how the color saturation differs between them.